Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day #6: A walk in the parc

Right behind our house we have this beautiful nature parc, with a huge lake... Today I went out there to find the perfect photo for day #6. Last night we had frost and well it was bad! It had been -15 degrees or less all around our little country. When I got to the parc the only thing frosted I saw was the frosted grass and this little pool where kids were ice-skating. I was about to go home when I found this...

I didn't notice these untill I got a little closer to the water to make a photo of these swans. The big lake has these sharp edges and they're kind of...Mmm not sure how to explain. Well just see for yourself :)Day#6 Since it's not dead (stagnant) water, the water bangs against the edges. And probably because it's still freezing they made this beautiful icicles. All the edges of the lake were covered with this.

25 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful thing to photograph. If you had not been doing your 365 project you may never have spotted that, and we would not have been able to see it too!

goodtexan said...

WOW, awesome! Look at all the photos of yours. One is better than the other. I think I will have to take a class with you. TFS yet another amazing shot here.

Erika said...

Oh, this looks fantastic.. just to imagine the lake with this fringe.. Beautiful!

micheleabelphoto said...

Beautiful shot, great colors. This should be hung!

Kimberly said...

That photo is incredible and I am SO jealous that you have the the scoop on the new kit! I can't wait to see it on Thursday!!

Sandra said...

Wow!! wat een super foto!
enne ben erg benieuwd naar de kit, heb me vandaag aangemeld op het forum! vind het erg leuk...!!!

Groetjes sandra

Anonymous said...

Petra, wat een geweldige foto !!! De ijspegels zijn echt heel erg mooi (zo zie je ze niet vaak) en de reflectie in het water is ook fantastisch.

bentonflocke said...

fantastic shot - great moment!

Kristi said...

Wonderful!! I love the icicles but the color and texture of the water itself is so lovely! :)

Rory said...

Perfect pic...like it!

Anonymous said...

whow, this is just a fabulous picture . Love it !!!

Carly said...

What a beautiful picture. I love the arrangement of the icicles!

Katie said...

Ohhhh, what an awesome discovery! I love your photo. I love the capture of the lapping waves and the icicles they formed. AAAHHH... I have GOT to figure out how to get that close and still have focus.

BEAUTIFUL!!

Anonymous said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love it. the reflections in the water is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Wow, gorgeous shoot Petra! Absolutely beautiful!

Meg said...

Beautiful shot! The icicles are so pretty and I love how it is reflecting in the water!

Cindy said...

You just take the best photos! What an amazing shot!

twinsmomflor said...

Wow... amazing shot....

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot.

Anonymous said...

wow, what an awesome shot, wonderful frost and icicles, love it!

Kelly said...

What a great photo!

Anonymous said...

Love the pic, the orange reflection and the icicles, super!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that walk was totally worth the effort and sure paid off! Love those icicles!

Mammacole1979 said...

This picture is sunning and so inspiring!!

Tracy Blankenship said...

holy schmoly this is gorgeous. wow. awesome shot