Monday, January 5, 2009

Day #5: She's back!!

My colleague Lista that is...after a 4,5 month maternity leave. I'm so glad she's back, cause I just missed her!! Well today at daycare some of the kids needed to get used to her being there again. Some of them even tried her out to see what she would do... This is what happened with one of our 2 yr. old girls. Isabella was sitting at my colleagues' table during lunch. Lista was amazed by how fast she was eating her bread! Well when I was putting the kids in bed and Lista started cleaning the tables, I hard her saying: OMG and she started laughing. This is what she found behind the bench...Day#5 Isabella ate 4 slices of bread... uhm yeah excluding the bread-crusts!!! The kids always need to eat the crusts before they're getting another slice of bread... well this time she ate a lot, since she usually just eats 2...Well she tricked us and sneaky threw her crusts behind the bench. Lista and I both had to laugh and we'll keep an eye on her the next we're eating lunch!! LOL. I just had to take a photo and knew this was going to be my photo for today! :)

24 comments:

Unknown said...

So funny - a great moment to capture and share :)

Iris said...

That's so funny! The little ones are so tricky!
Love the photo! See you!

Lilja said...

LOL That's funny!! Cute photo too :)

Anne C said...

LOL, a rally cool picture!

goodtexan said...

Haha, I know a girl who does this too. Great capturing. TFS!

Biancka said...

Petra, I love your photo and at first I was like 'huh???' but when I read your post it made sense :) TFS sweetie!

Maike said...

:-D Yes, I remember I did the same ... once upon a time!
But the perfect shot for the pic of the day!

LovelyMissKait said...

Hey, I have a 6-year old who does the same thing! He doesn't like the crust, either. What a fun memory this is!

Katie said...

Kids are so sneaky! It's pretty funny that she pulled this off in front of you and Lista. It shows what we miss when we're trying to be observant *wink*. Great photo and story!

Anonymous said...

ROFLOL - that is great!

Melissa MacKinnon said...

Sneaky sneaky! Got to love kids!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she is a tricky girl! Such a funny story! TFS this Petra!

Fredhøy - Gro said...

Oh, I can imagine! I work at day care too:)

Connie said...

Great story & the photo says it all lol!!

http://allthingsgood08.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

That is just too funny! My cousin used to hate mashed potatoes, and at any family dinner (like Christmas) he would hide his potatoes in a napkin, then go to the bathroom to throw them out... hahaha. He finally got caught when my aunts dog kept eating "the toilet paper" out of the garbage, that is when they found the potatoes! Thanks for stiring up that memory with this pic!

Chreamps said...

Oh, that is so funny, leave it to a kid! She sounds like a character! Great pic!

Meg said...

Great shot and a cute story behind it!

Anonymous said...

love the story that goes with the picture. Well done

CrayonQueen said...

Oh wow this is too funny! I love hearing the background stories behind photographs, it gives them so much more meaning I think! Love your pic!!

Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

LOL Thats adorable, my kids don't eat the crust either!

Cindy said...

Oh I hated bread crust when I was a kid. Just loved to tear the middle of the bread out and turn it in to a ball. What a great photo!

Kimberly said...

Absolutely funny! Love the whole story!

Anonymous said...

Great story! Thanks for sharing it with us. Just too funny!

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute story. Every time you see this shot it will make you laugh. ;-)