Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day #14: A BAD habit!!!

I admit it, I smoke!! I would love to quit, but right now it doesn't feel good yet. I tried quitting before, but it didn't work. Like this summer: we went to the USA with my parents, my brother and his GF. We were all suposed to quit, but only my mom, Kiki (my brothers' GF) and my dad managed to quit this nasty habit! And I'm still so proud at my dad. Well we also tried, cause my guy also smokes and so does my lil brother...but my little brother and I well...we just kept having words and these small fights and it was mainly because of him. I couldn't do or say anything right and so we both gave up...for now that is, LOL. My dad used to smoke a lot and quit without any help like patches, gum, or anything else. Seems like there was one thing during our vacation that I said, what switched a button in my dads' head and he just quit! So on Sunday after he said that for the 10th time or so, I asked him: so when are you going to me that favour I did for you... LOL. He said: I know you can do it, and you'll feel it when the time is there!!! So I'm just going to wait till that one day when my brain says...THIS is THE day! And to be honest I hope it comes soon, cause it would save us a lot of moneyDay#14 So when will that light in my head pop up and tell me it's time. I can tell you we're going to quit this year, but when...we'll see!

12 comments:

sunnie2004 said...

I admit it i smoke also ....the bad thing for way to many years...Some day I will be forced to quit util then I will enjoy my ciggs. Wish it would come soon for us both the time to quit!

Erika said...

Good luck to you the day you decide to quit! In the meantime you take great photos.. :)

Ellay said...

I used to smoke...not a lot, but I smoked. I quit on Thanksgiving Day of 2005....that was "my time". Good luck to you!

Kimberly said...

I hope your light clicks and that you can include that photo in this year's record too. =)

Mammacole1979 said...

I used to smoke but I was finally able to quit Christmas 2005. DD asked for it as her Christmas gift. That's when I knew. I wish you the best of luck in quitting, whenever you're ready.

goodtexan said...

Good luck from me too!

Connie said...

I was a smoker too, you will quit when you're ready. I didn't even intend to quit, I just stopped one day :) you'll have your day for sure!!

Lynn said...

Good luck from me. I have never smoked and I am so glad I never tried it because I just can't imagine how hard it is to quit. My dad and grandmother smoked heavily and I think that was the reason I never was interested. I hope that one day you just wake up and know it's your day. Can't wait to see that photo. :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe taking pictures of ciggs will help you get closer to putting them out in the ashtray. ;-) Good Luck!!!!

Debra said...

My dh quit when he was 29 and I was pregnant with our first child. He made the decision...not me, and it's not been 25 years since he's smoked! Two of my sons smoke though, and I hate it. I can't stand the smell (as well as it being so bad for them), so I hope that they make the decision to quit as well someday!

Chreamps said...

It is so hard I know not for myself but for my parents and husband. My husband decided that when he turned 30 he would quite and he did. He started not smoking at work (why not at home first I don't know) but when he turned 30, that was it. It will come to you!

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you, girlfriend! I wish my time would click, also. In the meantime, good luck to you!