Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day #25: An old book...

Ok we were supposed to go outside today and go for a long fresh walk. But we both didn't feel like going out and so we decided to go clean the house. We're looking to buy our first house in the next couple of months and well we've got a LOT of stuff! And well to be honest a lot of that stuff just need to be tossed out! There are a lot of pretty and useful things, that I just don't wanna keep anymore like: electronic things, books, crockery's, films, computer stuff, games and lots more...So we decided to go this flea market in Febr. and try to sell some of that stuff.  What's not going to be sold, we're just going to throw away :)

When cleaning out the big built-in-closet Abdel found a stash of coloring books and wanted to toss those in the garbage... He asked me to hold the garbage bag open en then this book fell out of the pile and I'm soooo glad it did!Day#25

This book is so special to me and it was the first ever book my mom read to me. I always loved this book, but it's kind of beginning to fall apart. I don't know why but I'm getting a little teary eyed here...it's just so special and what would've happened when it didn't fell out of that pile!  Just don't wanna think about that right now, but I'm so glad it did!

Here are two pages from the book...it's filled with all these cute little verses and rhymes and one day I'm going to be reading this to our little ones...day 25 006

here's what is says on the left page....(although it does rhyme in dutch..LOL)

Bye car

Hi daddy on the stairs  -  I can hear you  - step, step

A little kissy  -  sting-sting (from his beard)  -  de biggest one is me

 

Thanks for stopping by and off to leave some sweet Sunday lovin'

14 comments:

Karen I said...

Thank goodness it fell out! Any item with such emotions attached to it should definitely be kept.

Thank you for the kind words on my blog. I have a website for my jewelry. You can see it at: http://kidesigns.blogspot.com/

~Susie~ said...

Great shot! I have an aold book that is one of my first and itäs so precious to me :)

Take care!

Teresa said...

oh gracious...I am so glad that fell out for you!!! and what sweet memories from that well worn book :)

Meg said...

Lovely photo! What a special treasure to have. How very lucky you are to have it slip out of the pile. Have a wonderful Sunday!

micheleabelphoto said...

Lucky you! I had to go to antique stores looking for the old books I had loved. I treasure them more than ever.
I'm so glad you have this precious book. It looks like the ones I loved.

Kimberly said...

How special to find this treasure! Great photo for today!

AlaskaMoffitts said...

Oh my what a treasure! So glad you found it and it wasn't thrown out.

Chreamps said...

What a wonderful book! I don't blame I would definitely be keeping that one. I love children's books, especially older one because the illustrations are so wonderful!

Angie said...

I know what you mean! I have so many little treasures like this that I just can't, and won't, ever let go of. It's nice to keep these things as little reminders of our own lives :). Great idea for a picture today!

Paint the Moon Photography said...

So precious that you still have that book ... what a lucky thing it fell out in time! Must have been fate! I wish I had some of my childhood books saved ... my mom's husband went through our precious momentos and toys when I was younger and gave everything away without us knowing. :( :( :( Now I snap up anything that I used to have as a child when I see them on eBay or antique sales ... but it's just not the same. I'm saving all sorts of special things for Adeline ... and becoming quite the pack rat because of it. :) Thanks for sharing your memory!

Ellay said...

That is so sweet! That book definitely fell out for a reason....it wanted to stay with you. I'm glad that it did, too. :)

Angela Maggard said...

Awwww, that would have been so awful if it hadn't dropped out!!! That is really special that you have that book! I wrote in my daughter's first book or the ones that I got special just for them. I love the picture!!

bentonflocke said...

what a treasure thanks god it fell out! So glad it wasn't thrown out. Wonderful picture!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness it fell out. It would be terrible to have thrown it out. I too have to much stuff and have been cleaning things out. I am so tired of havig boxes of stuff that dont see the light of day whats the point so I am having a garage sell this weekend. Someone will use my trash, Recycle ;-)