Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day #11: All about me!

So we survived week 1 & 2 and now we're on to week 3. This week I had the idea to let this week be all about me, my habits, my rituals, my things...well just me! So today's photo goes perfect with my theme...Day#11 Yup that's me and my sweet camera, the Canon EOS 400D (aka the rebel XTi) I love it and have had for like 1,5 years now... I know this thing from the inside out and well something in me says it's time to move on to a bigger and better one! LOL But well my photography dreams are kind of expensive and well just can't affort that right now! :) I do save up and have bought some great lenses and other stuff to go with it. here's what I've got: the battery grip, the kit lens 18-55mm, a 50mm steady lens, a 55-200mm lens, a 70-300mm macro lens and of course the 340EX external flash and then I have some smaller things along the side...

So there's one thing about me & my camera...what will my subject for tomorrow be?? :)

16 comments:

Wendy aka BrokenJar Creations said...

I love your layout and your photo for today :) I keep seeing ideas I want to incorporate into my layouts...thanks for the inspiration :)

Ellay said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I've added you to my side bar.
Great shot today. You and I have the same camera. But, I don't have the extras yet. Keep up the good work...I'll be checking back for inspiration! :)

Unknown said...

I love my 400D too :)

Great self portrait shot.

Love your layout pages.

I keep changing my mind as to how I want them to be laid out - but will probably stick with Gina's WW kit for now.

Kimberly said...

Your layout is fantastic and that is such a great portrait shot!

Kelly said...

Great layout, that reminds me I need to work on mine ;) Your camera looks huge with the battery grip on there! lol Great photo for today.

Miss Chris said...

Oh, the love affair we can have with our cameras! I love this shot!

Cindy said...

I think its a great layout and I love your self portrait! Great job!

Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

I have the same camera and feel exactly the same way you do!! I am so ready for the 5d but am going to settle for the 40d this year cause well everythign cost to much money LOL!

Chreamps said...

Wonderful self-portrait and great idea for a theme this week (saying this as she drools over your camera)!

Your layout turned out great - wonderful kit. I know what you mean. My week one layout is done and I printed it out and the journaling looks so small (8x8). So now I'm thinking maybe switching to a 2 page layout per week, or not!

Thanks for starting this, Petra, it is so enjoyable!

Sandra said...

Super he, die camera, heb hem zelf ook, maar moet nog veel leren! :-)
Enne je layouts zijn super geworden!
Ik ga uiteindelijk denk in een grootalbum van Albumprinter laten addrukken, die kan ook in formaat 30x30 :-)

groetjes san

amson said...

Wonderful self portrait. I have always wanted to do this just can't work out how...

Anonymous said...

Love your self-portrait! Your weekly layout is great - I need to do that, too! I am waiting for a great template that I can't live without - but I might have to make one myself!!!

Erika said...

Great photo, and great idea! I just thought about this when I looked around a couple of p365-blogs; lots of sweet photos of families, but where are all the ones keeping the blogs..? :-) Don't forget to document yourselves too, you're part of your and your familys life!
*Hugs*

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful self-portrait and I can´t wait to see more from you this week!
Fantastic 2-pager!

Sarah Graves said...

Your photography is great!! Love the self portrait. I also really like the week LO. I have yet to decide how I'll do that bit. Can yo tell us where that kit is from?

Beth {kewl_jive} said...

Love your photo and b&w conversion. I haven't done any pages from my project POTD. I really hope to get something done too. :)