Sunday, February 1, 2009

Day #31: A fancy diner!

Girls we've had a lovely, fancy diner tonight!!! Lista, Mieke (my colleagues) and I went to this beautiful restaurant/castle in Montfoort and had an awsome five course diner. 31-1 We got this diner as a goodbye gift from one of the kids Roos from dayacer & her parents. Let me tell you something about the sweet little 4 year old Roos....

Roos was born with the Apert syndrome. (You can check the site to see what the syndrome is like, cause it might difficult for me to explain). In her short life she has had like 10 operations... When she was born her older brother came to our group at daycare and as you can imagine we were all kind of shocked when we heard the news. When we first met her, we all didn't know what to expect and how her life & body would develop. Her mom wanted her to grow up with the 'normal' kids and since we didn't have to give her meds or needed extra special care we took her into our group. In the first years she needed to be attached to a special machine when she went to sleep. That machine checked the oxygen level in her blood, to make sure she got enough air. When she got older she developed like a normal kid... It did took her a little longer to start crawling, walking and talking, but all turned out great.

Now-a-days and well has always been, Roos is an extremely happy child and she's just the sweetest!! As you can imagine this little girl will always have a special place in our hearts. When she turned 4 in July and had to go to school, her parents were so thankful to us for taken her into our group and well just for taking care of her and just let her be a normal kid, that they gave us this awsome gift. It was so fancy with a five course diner and they had planned something extra special. 31All three of us got this beautiful glass Rose (Cause Roos is how you spell the name of the flower over here in the Netherlands). It also had a sweet card wich said: They thanked us for the special years Roos had with us at daycare, but a diner is not lasting forever. When it's gone, it's gone and so they gave us this flower that would last forever...isn't that sweet??? I think so and the thought behind is just lovely!

We had an awsome time, we laughed, talked for hours, the diner was amazing & exclusive and well the company was just good!! So before I'm going to show you my photo for Day #31...here's our 3rd course meal....31-2Here we had fillet of beef on a bed of carrots, haricot verts & mashed patatoes, surrounded by this yummy gravy!

Now on to today's photo... Yup that me and my colleagues. From left to right: Lista, Mieke & me holding the rose in our mouth, LOL. I'm going to print this photo or myabe even scrap it and will give this to them as a little thank you gift! :)Day#31So now it's 0.55 AM over here and well had a couple glasses of wine. I think I'm going to bed now...or maybe I'll quickly finish my monthly summary page for January, but first off to leave some lovin around! :)

9 comments:

Anne C said...

Those pictures are wonderful! The food looks yammy!

AlaskaMoffitts said...

What a wonderful story and what a wonderful gift to the three of you. You must have a special place in Roos' family's hearts!

Lynn said...

Wow...that restuarant is amazing! Great shot!

Debra said...

Beautiful story...thanks for sharing! The castle is gorgeous...and that dinner looked amazing!! I love food photos!!

BTW...I've tagged you!

domad said...

what a fantastic story .. i love it!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful story! I love food photos and your meal looked so yummy. The castle is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time! I love the rose, what a sweet gesture and what a sad but sweet story about the little girl you took in your group. I am glad to hear she is doing well. The resteraunt is gorgeous wow!

Beth {kewl_jive} said...

What a sweet story, the food looks yummy! Also love the photos of the three of you, you guys look fabulous! :) TC

Shirley said...

First - that place is gorgeous!

Second - I just love reading your blog you talk in meters, and you spell Rose so lovely and then your time was .55am. I have a friend from the Netherlands and everytime we speak I get so tickled as he does when I speak.