Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day #43: Patience

Well sometimes we need to have a lot of patience working with kids. Everyday we're taking care of 12 kids in the age of 0-4 years old and well it isn't always that easy! There are always a few that well try to get you worked up...but I never try to let them go that far! Sometimes I just need a few minutes to clear my head or they could drive me crazy! LOLDay#43

We once had this mom who totally understood how hard it can be, so when her little girl went to school she gave us this book with fun quotes about 'a thousand ways to patience'. To be honest there are a lot of people and even parents who think our job being a teacher at daycare is easy! They think that all we do is sit on our behinds and watch them play...Well I can tell you we don't!! There's just too many things to be done everyday and we're always on the go and taking care of all those little ones! A few years ago we found this poem kind if thing about working at a daycare... I'll make a copy of it one of these days and will try to translate the thing. It's just soooo on! :)

My intention for today was to take a photo of the full moon, but I can't find it anywhere... It's kind of cloudy today, so I guess it's hiding. Hopefully it will show up tomorrow! :)

6 comments:

Iris said...

Great photo! I'm really sure your job isn't that easy!

JoAnn Stringer said...

I've had two girls in daycare and I know it's not an easy job! Here in the U.S., daycare workers are defintely underpaid and undervalued. But years after they've gone on to elementary school, we've run into my girls' daycare teachers and they always remember them. You are doing a very important job!

micheleabelphoto said...

I know there are alot of jobs that look "easy" or "fun". Maybe some are, but daycare???? I admire those who are so good and so patient with the little ones! My hat is off to you.

Karen I said...

I have two friends who teach preschool (3 years and under). I don't know how people do it! I teach 9- 10 year olds and that is young enough for me. :)

Paint the Moon Photography said...

Oh ... I need a book on patience lately with Adeline! LOL! I can't imagine doing what we do every day times twelve ... I definitely admire you! Great picture!

Chreamps said...

Wonderful book and yes daycare workers are like mothers "who don't do anything" (LOL)! Lot more to the job than people can ever imagine!