Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day #35: Berries

Yeah I'm a day late... I know! :) But yesterday was a long day and didn't came home untill 11.45 last night. After work I went over to have diner with my parents and had an appointment after that. One of my moms' colleagues is getting married on June 27th, well they still needed a photographer. So my mom told them that I did my first wedding in June last year. So I went over there... They're hiring me!!! Yoohoo, I'm so excited and so were they after they had seen my photobook...I'm so happy with this! :)

Yesterday I had no clue what my photo was going to be about...So during our break I went for a walk around the block with one of my colleagues, needed to clear my head anyway. Just around the corner of the daycare I found these berries...some covered with still a little snow. Yeah we had snow yesterday...so pretty and just didn't wanted to take a dull scenery photo and took this...Day#35

 

I wanted to do the tag thing, but just can't think of anything right now... My head is with someone else right now. I'll tell you a little bit about what's up and why I had a rough/sad  couple of days. We know the ins & outs, but won't go into any specific details... Cause it's all kind of shocking! Monday morning when driving to work my colleague called me and told something happened with the dad of one of 'our' kids. Last Saturday he (35 yrs. old) got killed with bad intensions by someone else!!! Last saturday before we went to diner, my colleagues and I watched the news and saw this thing had happened, we all three said...'what is wrong with the world today'. Without knowing it was the dad of one of our kids! We're all so sad and try to do everything we can for this little boy (turning 4 in March) and his mom, but it's not easy! Working with 12 kids around all day and having these feelings is so hard!! We saw this man like three times a week and now he's gone... We all can't understand it and it's so unreal... I so wonder what is in someone else's head when committing such a crime?? Lately you see many awful things happening, but now it's so close to 'home'. Like I said it's just so unreal & unfair!!! The funeral is tomorrow and it's going to be hard and emotional. We're all just trying to stay strong for the family... :(

6 comments:

Biancka said...

Petra, wat een verschrikkelijk verhaal van die vader! Ik kan me hartstikke goed voorstellen dat je daar overstuur van bent. Heel veel succes met de begrafenis morgen en ik zal de familie van de man in mijn gedachten houden.

Dikke knuf,

Biancka

Paint the Moon Photography said...

I am so heartbroken to read about the tragic loss of your friend. So young, and so sad that he leaves behind his little one. My heart goes out to you and to his family.

Beautiful photo ... the snow on top with that punch of color is perfection!

bentonflocke said...

that sounds horrific and it´s so tragic for the kid.

Your berries-shot is fantastic love the colours and the snow on the top

AlaskaMoffitts said...

I'm sorry to hear about the tragedy. After teaching for 25 years I can tell you that you can be the most stable thing in that little guy's life for quite awhile. Do everything you can to just make his time at your center consistent and normal. I've had to help several kindergartners with tragedies in their young lives. You will provide him with the thing to cling to that reminds him that life can continue and go on. I'll be praying for your strength and wisdom. I do so love your berries. It seems so appropriate for this time. The bright beauty in the midst of the stark winter...

Angie said...

I'm sorry about your loss. My heart is with you during this time.

I absolutely love looking at all of your photos. This photo is simply lovely...the colors are beyond beautiful!

Shirley said...

sorry about your friend. You and his family will be in my thoughts.



The pic is gorgeous!! ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS I just love this.