Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day #47 & 48: Yellow & pink!

So first of yesterday's photo... I took this one very early in the morning, right before I went to work...Cause I've been out all day and got home at 23.30, so didn't feel like blogging anymore...

My week of colors, I wanted to do the colors of the rainbow, but realy I had no clue it started with red!! LOL, So I'm going to use several colors from any color palette, going from light to darker. This week I'm going to show you White - Yellow - Pink - Red - Purple - Blue - Green. Haven't got an idea for what to photograph in these colors yet...

So Today it's YELLOW! Uhm,& Yes it's another pretty flower a daffodil, these are standing in my living room window and couldn't resist.  I always love these flowers...Day#47

A little about the color YELLOW: -1.Yellow is one of the three primary colors. -2. The word yellow comes from the Old English geolu, The color is associated with age and aging, both with people and objects. -2. Our sun and stars in the universe have a color temperature that we characterize as "yellowish". -4. Yellow is associated with Monday on the Thai solar calendar. Anyone that may wear yellow on Mondays, and anyone born on a Monday may choose yellow as their favorite color. -5. In some countries, taxicabs are commonly yellow. This practice began in Chicago, where taxi entrepreneur John D. Hertz painted his taxis yellow based on a University of Chicago study alleging that yellow is the color most easily seen at a distance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now on to day #48: Today is PINK! I've his this cute comfy sweater for like 4 years now and still love it. I do have to say I don't wear it that often anymore, since well it kind of lost it's glory years ago!! LOL. I still only wear it around the house when I don't feel like going out... :)Day#48

So here's a littls sumthin' about the color PINK: -1. Pink is a pale red color; the use of the word for the color was first recorded in the late 17th century. -2. Pink itself is a combination of red and white. -3. Roseus is a Latin word meaning "rosy" or "pink." -4. In Western culture, the practice of assigning pink to an individual gender began in the 1920s. From then until the 1940s, pink was considered appropriate for boys (OK who knew this???)  because being related to red it was the more masculine and decided color, while blue was considered appropriate for girls because it was the more delicate and dainty color, or related to the Virgin Mary. Since the 1940s, the societal norm apparently inverted so that pink became appropriate for girls and blue appropriate for boys, a practice that has continued into the 21st century. -5. Pink is the color of the Breast Cancer Awareness ribbon. Pink was chosen partially because it is so strongly associated with femininity. -6. Most flamingo species are pink in color due to pink pigments in their diet, mostly shrimps. -7. The Pink Panther is a popular cartoon character.

Going to my FIL in the hospital later on and have got softball practice after diner. Probably won't be posting tomorrow either since my mom and I are going to the musical 'Tarzan' tomorrow night and have no clue what time I will be home! see you soon! xo

13 comments:

Rory said...

Wonderful pics and great stories...

bentonflocke said...

wonderful pics! Love the yellow one most - it´s so fresh and jolly - like the spring

Karen I said...

Great pictures and stories!

I need to work more on my layouts. I'm enjoying the photographing and blogging too much so it doesn't leave me with much time. :P

AlaskaMoffitts said...

Love your color photos. I need to come up with a theme. I'm starting to run out of ideas!

Alice said...

Gorgeous colors in your flower. I enjoy taking photo shots myself. I love your idea of a photo a day. Thanks for today's post :O).

Anne C said...

Wonderful pictures! And I love the colore idea!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading about each color! The flower is pretty. ;-)

tconlan said...

Love the color idea! That daffodil is beautiful!great shot!

Paint the Moon Photography said...

Love your beautiful flower shot! And thanks for the history lesson on colors! :) What a great idea to have a color theme!

Kelly said...

Great shots! Interesting information on the colors, thanks for sharing it!

micheleabelphoto said...

Great photos. And I never knew there was so much to know about colors.
My favorite tidbit was about the yellow taxis, since I LOVE yellow taxis!

Ellay said...

Great photos and background on the colors! Very cool idea!

Hope your FIL is doing better!

Kristi said...

Gorgeous flower shot and love that pink! What a great idea to focus on color! I'm just starting my kids favorite things. I'll have to borrow this idea when I need the inspiration! :)