Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day #119 & 120: A SAD queensday!!

Today one of our yearly celebrations Queensday for 2009 goes down on a black page. Something really awful happened today wich should've been a wonderful, pleasant and fun filled day, with happy & smiling people all over!!! It was untill like noon....

A little black car with a 38 yr. old guy damaged all of our queensday spirits... After driving into several baracades he crashed into a line of people... causing an incredible, unbelievable, horrific sight killing 6 people & injured another 12, including a few kids!!! They say he told some policemen after the crash, this was an attack on the queen and her family. You can read & see more about the news here

Really the only thing I'm thinking about now is... Will Queensday ever be the same again??? And this is really hurting me! This is always such a beautiful day and thousands of people look forward to this day for months. What are these people thinking when causing such an awful scene and scar so many people and especially little kids for life with all they saw happening today... It just makes me soooo sad!!

Today we were supposed to go somewhere and celebrate this day!!  But after we slept in (till 13.oo) and turned on the tv before breakfast (ok make that lunch) we were both in shock about this awful event and the longer we watched the news, the more our queensday spirit faded! I know, we shoudl've just went outside and enjoyed the beautiful way...but when we saw this, we just didn't felt like it! :( We stayed home and followed the news.

I wanted to take a photo wich represented the feeling & spirit of Queensday, but since we stayed in I don't have one. Instead I took a photo of the news on t.v. day #120

As you can see on the clock it was 16.45...the text on the tv says: one suspect is arrested. The latest news right now is that the suspect seems to be  brain dead and they just announced a 5th dead  and people are saying this could be the suspect!

 

Now before all this had happened we had an awsome night last night. The night before queensday there are all sorts of party's in Utrecht (one of the big city's) and I went to one of like 6 outdoor party's on the 'domplein' all about 80's & 90's music. I was awsome and the place was filled with orange colored, happy people. I went there with one of my oldest best friends Angela... We don't see each other that often anymore and when planning a date to meet on Tuesday we just said, why not to party on queensnight together and so we did. We had tons of fun and the music was great. We met up with several people, such as my lil brother & his GF, friends, my guy and 3 of his friends.

I do have one little story to share and please don't laugh, cause I'm sure you did the same thing when being in my (our) position!!! LOL. Ok edit, edit, edit!! For my own sake... it was a hilarious little story, but I think it has been published long enough now. Wanna know the whole thing... Too late!! LOL Ok for friends & family I'll make an exception when talking to your on a private note! :)

Anyway I'm not going to show you those photos...hehe. So when I had diner at my parents that night I played around with my new macro rings for a bit, since the flowers were all blooming. Here's my photo for Day #119:...day #119

That's all for today... it's been a weird day, emotional day and it's time for bed now. We both have to work tomorrow and I'm so ready for weekend. There's just one more thing I want to say and that is that I just hope this day won't change anything to all those queensdays to come... -x-

7 comments:

Jarila said...

Onvoorstelbaar is het, ik kan er niet bij dat iemand zoiets doet....
Ik weet zeker dat deze dag nooit meer hetzelfde zal zijn :(

bentonflocke said...

horrific and unbelievable!! Why must this be!?

Love your flower shot - great colours!

AlaskaMoffitts said...

i am so sorry to hear that this horrible event happened. I hope with time the memories will fade and that once again this will be a joyous time for your country. I did have to laugh about your story about waiting too long to go to the bathroom!

Sandra said...

verschrikkelijk he, wat er gebeurd is :-(

Kate @ Loving Life said...

I saw this on the news tonight :(
What a horrible thing to happen to a beautiful country :(
kate

Anne C said...

I saw it in the bews. There are so many crazy people in the world.

Unknown said...

I was also very shocked when I learned ... love you for everything!