Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day # 111,112 & 133....Lots of fun!

So my little cousin Robin's school celebrated it's 50th anniversary this week and there were so many fun  things planned for the kids. On Monday, Tuesday and Today I went there to take photos...

First of is Tuesday, day #111.. a schooltrip to the Efteling, a well know Dutch theme parc and I can tell it was a wonderful day and the weather was beautiful... The sun was so brightly shining I forgot to put sunblock on ad even got a little sunburn on my nose and in my neck. Anyway I took over 600 photos and already started deleting doubles and editing some that need a little retouch. My photo for the day is this:day #111

I loved this beautiful tree and in the background you see this attraction that goes way up in the sky, just love the colors here! Here are some more photos... First of a photo of what the theme parc is know for... Mister Lange Janefteling-2 206-2

Then just a couple more pretty shots I liked... like this typical little Dutch scenery, with a windmill and a shed, surrounded by tulipsefteling-2 028-2 efteling-2 004-2

The photo for Wednesday, day #112...the first day back to work after being off for 1,5 weeks...*sigh* I stopped by this beautiful blossom tree on my way home from work. been wanting to take a photo earlier, but didn't do it b/c I prob. had a better photo for that day! :)day #112

Then last but not least day # 113... Today the older kids from school got graffiti classes and it was sooo cool. They got to practice at the bycicle garage thing first and then each of the kids got a spot at two of these wooden boards where they could spray whatever they wanted... They had so fun much. The guys who gave this workshops finished the boards with the name of the school (Poolster) and some little finishing touches. I think they both turned out amazing and they're going to hang these somewhere in the school.... Check it out:day #113

Then there's one more, actually two photos I would like to show you... But it has a little (maybe a big) story!!

One of the kids at school has got leukemia and I kind of felt for this little boy... One week he gets chemo and feels too sick to do anything and the other week he's trying to go to school with his little friends. Well this week was supposed to be his chemo week, but b/c of the party at school he got to get another week off... He attended some of the party stuff this week, but it was hard. Like he couldn't go to the theme parc with us. So when the other kids were rope-jumping some of the older peeps (parents & teachers) got to spray paint the last piece of the bycicle shed wall... And there he was...coming on to the school playground on his bycicle, watching us having fun with the graffiti...On one hand I love the big smile on his face and on the other hand I kind felt sad for him... So I told him to ask his mom if he could help us out when wearing a mouth-cap...and she said YES! So this little 7 or 8 year old helping us out...Ladies, he looooved it!!! He was so happy and you should've seen his smile!!! After we sprayed the walls a bit...the graffiti gusy finished it of with this text saying: 'Keep the school in dignity' ... He stared at it for 5 mins when I took this photo and asked us about the meaning of it.... day #113-2

So that's it for today...Got to finish up some last things for my website, cause yeah it's almost done!! I'm getting more and more excited when just looking at it! So no love leaving for me today..but I'll promiss to leave tons of love this weekend!!! -x-

6 comments:

Jarila said...

Mooie foto's!!
De efteling is zo'n mooie plek, daar kun je genoeg mooie foto's maken!

Kerri said...

Hi there,
my first visit to your blog, and I loved being here, great photos and such a touching story! Keep up the great work
Hugs
Kerri

Anonymous said...

GReat pictures. I love the one with the staue and the head raised above. Very beauttful place ;-)

bentonflocke said...

totally stunning pictures!!!

Wish you a wonderful weekend

Unknown said...

so many beautiful pictures ... I wish a nice weekend!

Sandra said...

Super fotos..de efteling is zooo leuk!!!