Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day #171 - 175: catching up...

Had a great, fun but busy week so far... Ok I think you're all getting sick of the word busy by now! LOL So I'm going to change the word 'busy' to 'lively' from now on :)

Let's start with Saturday... we went with my parents to an old friends of them and her DH, Nienke & Cees... Let me start with Nienke, I just love her, we didn't always get a long when I was a teen but well I wasn't such a sweetheart as I am now... hehe! When my brother and I were little we always went to stay with her and I loved it. She lives in this big trailer-house by the water and especially in summer times we loved to be there! I can go on and on about all the adventures we had there!!! Ice-skating in winter time, floating with the boat, fishing and more. Then Cees... This guy is such a sweetheart and their lives has totally changed since they discovered intestinal cancer with him. To me he's such a strong man and lives his life by the day. He's still working, but whenever they can they go out with their RV and see the world. On the day we were there, he looked great and you wouldn't think he's sick... but I felt and later on we heard he was stuggling to be the best he could be that day. I really admire him for his strength and the will to go on and fight this cancer!!! (hold on, need to grab a tissue real quick)

Here's a photo of Nienke, Cees, my mom & dad...day #171

Oh this guy can play the piano!!! It's truly A-MA-ZING!!!!! They have this big glass 'schimmel'  piano in the living room and he played us a little part. day 171 038-2

He also plays organ.. the church nearby their house, just got a new one and so would love to see and hear him play that organ. So we talked about and going to hopefully see him plqay it this summer... He has the key to the church's backdoor and go play their organ whenever he wants!day 171 085-2

On Sunday I went to see one of the girls from college, we haven't seen eachother for like 4 years and it was so fun! We talked for hours and all I can say was that it was great! 'Sabn we really got to do this again soon...missed you!!!' 

The bad thing is that we totally forgot to take a photo, so since it was fathersday here, we went to my dad after I got home to give him a little present. He wanted a router for the internet for his laptop and he got it from us... On Saturday my dad got a new (well 2nd hand) RV, since he sold the old one... I had already seen it sat. night, but Abdel and my brother didn't...so we went to look at it. It's this old Volkswagen vanagon with a complete westfalia built-in... It's so cool and vintagy, I love it :)day #172

The Monday was a beautiful sunny day and when having my break at work the sun was beautiful with these clouds, so took this shot... Love the lens flare on this shot!day #173

Then Tuesday after work we had this workshop, but since I had 1,5 hours before it started I went to Antoinette. She picked up my extension rings in the morning at work and wanted to see if she could 'work' them and if she already took some pics. We played with it for a bit, but didn't get a good shot of the bees & bugs, just one of a flower... Will show you after my photo for the day... Max her little boy (he goes to my daycare too) was eating this strawberry we used to take a photo of and he was so cute... Look at this little smoochie, strawberry monster :)day #174

Then next up is Wednesday... Last night was the one of the last soccer practices before summer and we wanted to do something fun. One of the girls shouted she would love to play softball... and so we did! I got this bag from my club with gloves, bats, balls and everything we needed. When I asked my coach for the goodies, he said we could also use one of the fields if we wanted... Well YEAH, that would be so awsome!!!! And so we did. We did a little warming up, did some throwing and they we tossed some balls for them to hit. Nadia (my model:)) from my team came to help me with the fun... Later on both my coaches also come to help. I didn't wanted ask them, since they're busy enough already... But all of the sudden they came to help the girls with how to stand when hitting and things like that.... Although I think Pieter came to see if there was maybe any natural talent!!! hihihihi. It was soooo much fun and everyone loved it. Of course Nadia and I showed them how it should be done too! LOL They all said we should do this again and I'm sure we will!!!  here's a group shot, my guy took...he also came to watch us for a bit! :) thanks luvday #175

Not sure when I'll be back with photos of the rest of the week... This afternoon I've got a little shoot with the neighbour kids, if the little ones feels ok anyway... He had surgery two weeks ago and they went back to the hospital on Monday, so we'll see. Friday just a day of work and couch relaxing like I always do on Friday night. Saturday I've got to shoot a wedding and hope the weather stays like this! Sunday I've got a softball game and then... ONE MORE WEEK of work till we get our summer vacation!!!! I'm sooo ready for it! :)

Well till my next post -x-

7 comments:

bentonflocke said...

all are fantastic pictures! But my favorites are the strawberry monster and the summer clouds

Unknown said...

wow ... geat pictures! I like the clouds!

Jarila said...

Mooi!!! Die aardbeien foto is super, mooie ogen heeft hij zeg!
De wolken zijn ook prachtig.

José Ramón said...

How have things on the blog very creative Greetings

tconlan said...

LOVE those beautiful piano shots!! wow! the strawberry portrait is gorgeous too!

Sandra said...

Super fotos zeg!!

~Susie~ said...

Love all your photos but the one with the strawberries is awesome!!