Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day # 245 - 247: stuff you put in your mouth

Isn't always as healthy as we think. I've been browsing the internet to check calories for a couple of things I love to eat & drink and sometimes I was a bit shocked. I did this for myself and my whole weight loss journey... There was one thing I want to share!

The LIGHT chocolate milk I love sooo much, isn't as bad you think/say. This is for my guy! LOL. I used to drink this little carton every morning, when driving to work... I quit doing that and I drink a 0,5 liter bottle of water now. But I have to say I miss my daily dose of chocolate milk, wich I haven't had in 4 days!  Anyways let's get to my photos from the past couple of days.

At work, around 3 PM when all the kids are out of bed, we have this table moment where they get some lemonade and 2 cookies. I used to have a cookie too, but with the dieting and all... I don't anymore. This week I brought some some little carrot balls. I'm not much of a carrot lover, but I do need to eat something during this time of day, or else I'll be very hungry by the time I get home... and before diner is done, it will be an hour later... But I ate them for 3 days now and they aren't as bad though...day #245

Since it's ramadan (<<read all about it there) we always make yummy things for my guy's family and for ourselves of course! :) On Thursday I had my weekly day off and made this little pastry's. They're filled with minced beef, onion, tomatoes and some small veggies...of and spices of course. I so love these, but they are a bit greasy. So after I baked the minced beef, I poored out lots of the grease that comes out of the beef and only used a teaspoon of olive oil, to bake the onions and veggies. And I think they came out pretty good and not too greasy at all... We had diner at my inlaws and they all loved them. My BIL didn't believe I made them...cause they were sooo good! LOLday #246

After we had diner my MIL gave me a little plate of this moroccan sweet honey pastry things, they are called: Chebakia and they are sooo good! It is pastry with a dash of cinnamon, sugar & more... baked in oil (yikes) and dipped in warm honey. Some people also poor honey over them after they are colled off. Anyway last night, when getting a drink (bottle of water) they were calling me and I had to eat one. It's full of sugar and a bit of fat, but one won't hurt, right? LOL day #247

It's going to sooo bad, when the ramadan is over, cause that's when the sugarfest starts. Tons of sweets, cookies and lots more yummy things will be made by our inlaws. And I'm planning to make a lot of things myself too. From some other inlaws we always get a plate of the things they made, but hopefully this year they will understand if I pass. It's so not good for me, when having all these delicious things in my house! :) We'll see how that goes, I can always give it away to friends & family! LOL

Haven't got a photo for today yet, cause I just woke up. Today we're going to this big dance festival. I've been looking forward to this for months and now the day is here. I only hope the weather stays dry and sunny..since they predicted rain and it's going to be a bit cold too.

Tomorrow it's my sweet mom's birthday...she wanted to celebrate it tonight, but since we and my brother and his GF aren't here, since they are going to the festival too, she decided to do it tomorrow. So we've got a busy fun weekend ahead! :) See ya soon!  -hugs-

1 comment:

bentonflocke said...

the marrocan food looks so yummy and delicious!! Sure, not easy while dieting.

Als my best wishes for your sweet mom´s birthday tomorrow!