Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day # 305-309: fair, glasses, fabrics & memories

So yesterday my weekend already started!! I only worked two days this week, Mon- & Wednesday... I took tomorrow off since I'm having my third wedding shoot and so can't wait. The couple that's going to marry tomorrow, is so sweet! She is a sister of one of the mom's from daycare and the 2 little ones who both go to my group at daycare are the brideskids...I know it's going to be fun, I only hope the weather will be good and dry! It looks like it's going to be dry during the day, so yeaaah! But just to make sure I'll do a little sun dance before I leave in the morning...haha

Sunday Day #305 I went to this photography fair close by. It was fun!! Only a little smaller then last year. I bought a Falcon eyes background support with 50% off!! Then there were lots of fun happenings you could take photos of like; street dancer, people who jumped trampolines, body painted ladies, fashion shows and lots more... I have tons of photos, but haven't really had the time to have a closer look, so I'll just leave it with this...day #305

Sunday while I was at this fair, the people called where I bought my glasses and told me it was ready!! I was a little nervous about the fact wether I still liked it... but I'm good! Monday I started wearing it to work and soccer and also showed it to my parents and everyone liked it!! Here's me and my first ever glasses!!day #306

On Tuesday I went to see this lady who made me this cute baby hat for my photography.. we went to this fabric store to pick out some new things for the next projects. It was so much easier to see what it looked like and felt...They had so much choice from kind of fabrics to tons of colors...single colors and with several colors... check it out:day #307

here are a couple of colors I really liked and took a photo, so if I want another project and need colors, I can tell this lady wich ones I want.. the greenish/grey colored fabrics on the left are the ones we bought for a cute baby bag... the green under it is for a matching simple hat...day #307-2 

Yesterday when we got home from having diner at my parents' there was this little package in the mail... On August 24th I've read this story on one of my fav. digiscrap forums about this woman who passed away from breast cancer. She was diagnosed and a few weeks after they found out she was pregnant... Little Chloe born a few weeks premature, but did great and still is... Sadly Sara died a few after giving birth to little Chloe.

When I saw that thread I headed to their blog  ' the sullivans'. The whole story made my cry and I decided to donate a little amount of money to the 'Sara Sullivan memorial fund'. I've been follwing Brady and the little Chloe ever since trough the blog and I must say that he is one strong & proud daddy!

Anyways a few weeks ago I've read the story about the fact they made these memory bands in memory of Sara. The post said that all contributors to the memorial fund would get a couple, but I never thought about the fact I was one of those contributors. The package I received contained two of these red memory bands with the text: ' Soli Deo Gloria' - Sara Sullivanday #308

Today was (well still is) a rainy Thursday and kind of stayed inside all day...the only thing I went outside for, was to get some food for diner. Ohter then that I sat behind my pc; scrapping, listened to music, played some online poker (my guy draw me over the line, with his new addiction!!!), blogging and browsing the net... Oh yeah I did do the laundry, yeah for me!! Anyways on these like this I love to light some yummy smelling canldes and just relax! I bought a few new ones last week... the cotton one is burning in the bedroom and I've put this 'sea grass' one right here on my desk! :)

Mmmmmm.......day #309

I think that's about if for now... got some fun things ahead. The wedding tomorrow and this saturday it's international digital scrapbooking day and I think all I'll be doing all day is shop online (if my PP money gets here in time) and scrap! See you all soon -x-

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Uh-oh so many fine wool ... I am weak ...
A very nice glasses you have! I wish a beautiful weekend!

Sandra said...

Great photos..i love all the fabric colours :D

bentonflocke said...

your first ever glasses fits you very much - beautiful!

Great pictures as always and I love the colours of the fabrics