Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 231 - 234: what a weather...

Well this week we had some extreme weather things, especially on Thursday... The temperature went up to 35 degrees or higher and around diner time it all changed. For exactly 10 minutes, we had an incredible storm, with thunders and heavy rain. Well that's what you get when the sun heats up that high. Thursday it was the hottest day of the year so far... but this upcoming week they also predicted high temperatures... I'm just glad I didn't had to work on Thursday...LOL

Anyway let's kick off this post with Wednesday... after work I babysitted Max, Antoinette's boy for a few hours. he had a fever for a two days, but luckily it went down and mom and dad, went to this beach party. We first had diner all together and after they left, Max and I played in the backyard for a bit and then I'd put him in bath. The last time I babysitted them, I had this beautiful shot of Max and the water drops. Well this time he didn't want me to take his photo... LOL, and kept putting his hand in front of his face. I do have one I like, but going with another photo of the day. In the backyard they have this yummy blackberries...so I tried some...of this yumminess :)day #231

And the one photo of Max in the tub...day 231-235 073-2

On Thursday I had an appointment with the dentist... I sooo hate it and was really nervous the whole morning. But luckily my mom always comes with me...phew!  I can tel it was fine and nothing special...gladly! But the next time, he was to somehow renovate my teeth and put some sort of layers on it, to pretect my teeth from holes. Although not sure I want that though and I'm sure it's going to cost me a lot of money!!! We'll see about that. It was the first time I went to this guy, since our old one quit and well just not too sure about this guy! So maybe I'll go to the one my guy is going to... we'll see~

When I got to my parents house, my little cousin Robin was there...well little?? I'm sure he is almost as big as I am! LOL. And he also not little anymore cause he's starting high scool this year. But I'm sure he'll manage. Since it was a hot day, we had no clue what to do. Being too active with this kind of weather is not my thing...LOL. Then I remembered my dad had some of the big go-cards from my work. They were broken and were placed in the shed for like a year. Untill the after-school-daycare cleaned up the shed and I asked my dad if he could fix them. He fixed two already and they were in the van, untill someone of us was able to bring them back... So I aksed Robin if he wanted one and he said yes... There he is...this BIG guy, on his way growing up, riding a go-card :)day #232

On Friday, we went to this big wholesale store after we had diner. We bought some grocery's, a new trashbin, some shirts for my guy, dvd's, battery's and a new game for the WII. We haven't played on the WII for like 2 months or so...We saw this game on TV and it looked so much fun, we wanted to have it... and...it was a little cheaper then in the stores, so we took it. We played it for a few times now and it's so much fun. It's called WII sports resort and has ten new sports games, such as: archory, sword fighting, frisbee, canoeing, basketball and a couple of others.. We love it!day #233

Yesterday we didn't do anything special... I worked on the wedding album, wich is almost done except for the last 6 pages. Got some grocery's, had diner and watched tv.

So I took a photo of my sweet necklace. On Monday my neighbour got home and she brought me this pretty new 'fatima' hand  (hamsa) for my necklace. I already had the little hand and necklace for two years. I got it from my SIL after she got back from Morocco. But only started wearing it 24/7 around June. It has become a lucky charm since then. I started wearing it before my guy went to Morocco and I went to Italy. It's probably all in my head, but I didn't wanted to take it off untill my guy got home save and sound. Right now I still don't feel like taking it off and I probably won't untill it feels good in some way! LOL. I asked my MIL to bring me another one in gold, since my engagement ring is gold also and not sure if I like the gold ring and silver necklace thing... we'll see! Anyway here it is...day #234

There's a little prayer that goes for the Fatima hand (hamsa)

Let no sadness come through this gate,
Let no trouble come to these walls,
Let no conflict be in this place,
Let this home be filled with the blessing of joy and peace.

Haven't got a photo for today yet, since it's only 11.27 and I'm sure we're going to do something fun today, cause the weather looks great! Enjoy your Sunday everyone! -xxx-

3 comments:

bentonflocke said...

beautiful pictures! My favorite is Max in the tub and the yummy berries!!

Hope you had a great Sunday!

Antoinette said...

Wat een leuke foto van max in bad ene je heb toch geen bramen gegeten he

Unknown said...

Have fun with your new game ... very nice eventful days!